Brings eSports players and their fans closer together by offering challenges, clubs, prizes and other perks during game play
Quarterback, a monetization platform for eSports players, announced the beta availability of its platform for all eSports talent and their fans. Designed to bring talent and their fans closer together, Quarterback opens up new monetization channels for players, streamers and other talent, while enabling fans to show their support and interact with their eSports gaming idols by playing their favorite games. The beta version of Quarterback is now available for League of Legends and will expand to additional eSports titles in the upcoming months.
The Quarterback platform allows esports players to easily and effectively engage with their fan base by hosting daily challenges, sponsoring clubs, giving away prizes and offering other perks. Quarterback acts as an overlay on top of the game without the need for any integration, enabling gamers to play the way they always have. The platform adapts in real-time to the fan’s gaming abilities and offers customized challenges endorsed by the talent’s club.
“The eSports audience is exploding, and eSports talent are becoming celebrities, but they don’t have an effective way to truly engage with and monetize their fans, especially when they’re offline and unable to create new content,” said Jonathan Weinberg, co-founder and CEO of Quarterback. “Quarterback cultivates direct value between eSports talent and their community by offering a digital fan club that provides passive and incremental revenue while creating a whole new experience for the eSports fan.”
Nielsen’s 2017 U.S. Games 360 Report shows that 94% of eSports fans are gamers themselves. In fact they spend seven times more time playing games than actually watching them. It is therefore important for eSports talent to capitalize on their fans’ time spent playing games in order to deepen their loyalty – and monetize their fanhood. Until now, eSports talent have only been able to monetize fans when they’re watching esports, however.
Quarterback empowers eSports talent to super-serve their fans and generate revenue during their “downtime,” when fans are playing their own games. Fans can engage with various skill-based challenges such as:
- Customized Leader Challenges. eSports talent can offer player challenges or have Quarterback automatically create challenges for them, enabling players to compete in unique challenges.
- “Beat The Pro” Challenges. Fans can participate in challenges against the score of a the club’s leader to try to prove their dominance and hang with the professionals.
- Club vs Club Challenges. Clubs compete against one another, with each fan contributing to the club’s success. An example includes, « Which club can generate more kills in the next 24 hours out of 500 individual games. »
- Private Challenges. At any time, each fan can create a private challenge against people within the club, such as “I bet I can beat your KDA score in your next 3 games.”
- Adaptive Challenges. Quarterback analyzes the fans’ performance in real-time and offers customized goals that consider the fans’ capabilities and helps them improve in each of their sessions. For example: « Get the next kill in the next 3 minutes » or « Reach 100 CS by minute 11:40.”
Quarterback’s proprietary technology also turns every fan into a content creator by automatically creating a comprehensive gaming media library based on each fan’s gaming activities. This data, provided on an opt-in basis, can be used by the eSports talent to interact with their community and offer shout-outs to their fans, giving them recognition like never before.
To participate, eSports fans can simply download Quarterback from www.quarterback.gg . As part of the company’s beta launch fans are able to win prizes sponsored by Logitech, which is giving away RGB G810 Orion Spectrum mechanical keyboards.
We aim to fully unlock the true potential that lies in this incredible digital culture. As gamers ourselves, we invite everyone to join Quarterback and challenge us! said Jonathan Weinberg.
Quarterback is a fan engagement and monetization platform for professional esports players, teams, streamers and other talents. The Quarterback platform enables esports players to engage with their fan base by hosting daily challenges, sponsoring clubs, giving away prizes and offering other perks. Founded in February 2017 by a veteran team with deep roots in gaming, software and technology, Quarterback’s vision is to bring esports players and their fans closer together through daily, custom branded content. The company is based in Los Angeles, with R&D in Tel Aviv. For more information, visit www.quarterback.gg .