Company : Blizzard Entertainment
Job Location : Irvine, CA
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced Influencer Manager. This individual will maintain and grow a network of North American Hearthstone influencers to develop and execute marketing campaigns that achieve NA Publishing goals. This includes increasing Hearthstone brand awareness, consideration and trial amongst new players, as well as engaging current players.
The Influencer Manager will be responsible for developing programs to maintain and grow influencer relationships – this includes establishing benchmarks and sharing best practices to coach partners improving content performance, growing their channels and reach. They will also be responsible with identifying opportunities to promote influencers within Hearthstone owned channels.
The individual will be responsible for analyzing channel and campaign performance. They will be comfortable working with a highly matrixed organization, collaborating and recommending opportunities to elevate marketing activations via influencer partnerships.
Longer term, this individual will be responsible for developing automated solutions to expand influencer outreach, providing the Hearthstone community with information and toolkits so that they can generate content and serve as brand ambassadors.
The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about Hearthstone and the influencer community. They should have a track record of developing and executing influencer initiatives, maintaining and growing relationships.
The influencer marketing space is rapidly evolving and can be unpredictable at times, the Influencer Manager should be nimble, and thrivein a fast-paced and fluid environment. They should be patient and experienced with channeling influencer passion, coaching individuals to be successful and achieve common goals.
- Lead Hearthstone North America influencer programs, maintaining and growing a network of partners to support annual publishing goals and improve marketing performance.
- Develop influencer programs aligned with NA Publishing roadmap, as well as support other departments within Blizzard, such as Global or Esports Hearthstone initiatives in North America.
- Define program objectives, target audiences, strategies, tactics, deliverables, timeline and success
- Work with cross-functional teams within Blizzard to optimize marketing Evaluate performance and share metrics and best practice recommendations.
- Develop schedules and timelines, and assist influencers with meeting
- Represent Hearthstone at North America gaming community and influencer events, meeting influencers and building relationships onsite.
- Manage influencer program to maximize influencer participation and retention. Retain top-tier partners and grow mid-tier influencers. Cultivate new leads, building relationships and value over time.
- Be current on latest gaming trends, influencer marketing channels and best practices.
- Act as the main point of contact for existing and prospective North American relationships.
- Keep influencers regularly informed about key product and marketing beats.
- Curate and promote community content across multiple channels
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Examples of past campaigns you’ve worked on with community content creators and/or talent
- Examples of long term programs you have worked on with community content creators
Skills and Experiences
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in influencer/partner relations, talent management, entertainment, events, or related field. This includes developing and executing marketing campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experienced in pulling and analyzing data to evaluate performance and identify optimization opportunities.
- Strong project management skill and ability to manage work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to motivate and inspire others to achieve goals.
- Knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment games.
- Passion for gaming and gaming communities, particularly Twitch and YouTube
- Passionate about Hearthstone and Hearthstone Esports.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to travel, including international, and work late shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed
Additional Considerations (Pluses)
- Existing relationships within the gaming community
- Advanced degrees in Communication or related field
- Direct talent management experience
- Contract management experience
- Avid social media user who is always experimenting with the next social platforms and trends