Company : Martell Broadcasting Systems, Inc
Job Location : Los Angeles, CA
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : $60,000 - $80,000 a year
Job language : English
Martell Broadcasting Systems, Inc. is launching a video streaming platform which incorporates a proprietary ad display system utilizing patent pending technology. We have multiple patents pending approval by the United States Patent and Trademark Office, with more on the way. MBS, Inc. is seeking to position itself as a disruptive force within the industry.
The Head of eSports Business Development will lead the eSports team for MBS, Inc. This individual will oversee the strategic development of the department to reach business objectives and oversee all aspects of the eSports competitive teams onboarding process to our platform.
The ideal candidate has considerable experience working at one of the established market leaders in eSports video streaming and distribution. Contacts with popular eSports competitive teams, game publishers and collegiate eSport programs is valuable.
We know we’re up against established market players who are entrenched into the hearts and minds of gamers, but we think our technology and business model is where the industry is heading. We’re looking for a fighter willing to get into the trenches to help us win the market war.
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA. Our office is located in Hollywood. Compensation based on experience. Stock options available.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Provide expertise in: eSports business landscape.
- Assist in creating materials used for proposals, correspondence and presentation materials and reports used for securing distribution deals with popular eSports teams and game publishers.
- Oversee day-to-day eSports department operations.
- Monitor economic, market, competitive and industry trends to inform eSports department strategy.
- Developing and delivering compelling sales narratives for onboarding eSports team leaders.
- Attend events beneficial to the connection of MBS, Inc. to industry.
Skills and Experiences
- Motivated self-starter.
- 3+ years in a management role for an eSports company or content platform.
- Passionate about the entertainment industry, in particular new media (e.g. Twitch, YouTube Gaming, Facebook, reddit, blogging, etc.)
- Strong verbal presentation/storytelling skills, superior writing skills (proof-reading / copy-editing) and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution technologies.
- Experience in strategic planning and direct responsibility for growing revenue in eSports business.
- Deep knowledge of the eSports sector.
- Exceptional sales capabilities, strategically lead customer conversations.
- Experience with various research methodologies and analysis.
- Comfortable using digital tools / websites such as MS Office.
- Ability to learn and use a variety of production and reporting tools.