Company : Skillz
Job Location : San Francisco, CA
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
Today, people spend more time playing video games than they do playing all physical sports, and eSports are poised to become bigger than the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL combined. Skillz provides the technology that powers an eSports industry forecast to exceed $5 billion in annual revenue by 2020.
As the eSports provider for over 3,000 game studios, Skillz enables any mobile game to be turned into a competitive eSport that can also be broadcast on major streaming sites like Twitch and YouTube. We do this by integrating our unique layer of code directly into the mobile app, which activates our end-to-end tournament administration and other important features like player matching, anti-cheating mechanisms, customer support and a built-in loyalty program. Skillz accounts for more than 30% of eSports prizes, and we’ve already hosted more than 100 million tournaments for 10 million players in over 180 countries.
We’ve raised over $28 million in funding from well-known venture capital firms as well as major sports team owners from the NFL, NBA and MLB. In our quest to make gaming better for players and developers, we’re looking for savvy, passionate and hardworking teammates to help us build the future of sports. If you’re excited about defining a multibillion dollar industry, building an awesome product, or working with bleeding edge technology, Skillz just might be for you!
We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Starcraft to Cranium over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding, building and selling successful enterprises. If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a multi-million dollar acquisition budget
- Leverage data to identify areas of opportunity for company growth
- Own large scale advertising campaigns from inception through execution and performance reporting
- Identify opportunities for data-driven growth
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Design, and Business Intelligence to execute high ROI direct attribution marketing campaigns
- Maximize resources to ensure mobile game growth
- Continuously develop new insights to inform decision-making and strategies for user acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization
- Maximize revenue through engagement and monetization analytics
- Perform customer segmentation and profiling analysis
- Track customer behaviour and life cycles, such as response, engagement, and churn
Skills and Experiences
- 4-year college degree
- Major in math, statistics, computer science, business, economics or other quantitative field preferred
- 1+ years experience in a startup with experience in consumer marketing, management consulting or product analysis
- Understanding of paid advertising trends and new marketing technologies
- Experience marketing a consumer facing mobile product preferred
- Strong action orientation: Ability to ‘do what it takes’ and find a way to get things done regardless of challenges
- Experience diving into large relational databases and doing structured analysis
- Experience with Tableau and SQL strongly preferred
- Proven ability to turn large amounts of raw data into actionable intelligence