Company : Studio Gobo
Job Location : Brighton
Country : United Kingdom
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
Gobo was founded as a boutique developer with the premise to GO Beyond Ordinary. So far we have been lucky enough to work with some amazing development teams and help augment their teams with our hugely talented people here at Gobo. We’ve been trusted with responsibility for full development of headline features by our partners – we’re proud that our partners can see and trust our total devotion to quality and excellence. Recently Gobo has supported Avalanche Software, based in Salt Lake City USA, on Disney Infinity – a major new toy-and-video-game hybrid platform from Disney Interactive which launched in August 2013. We were responsible for the Pirates of the Caribbean play set which is one of the three launch playsets for the platform – a major, headline, front-of-box feature. We’re now looking for an experienced console gameplay programmer, who will have experience at a senior / lead level. If you’re currently focused on AI, animation or physics we would encourage you to apply.
- Develop and implement new gameplay code, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, AI etc.
- Work closely with the design team to collaborate on new gameplay ideas
- Optimise code and data for memory useage
- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
- Meet game design and technical requirements
- Effectively mentor junior members of the team
Skills and Experiences
- Strong C++ programming experience
- At least one published console title
- An avid gamer
- Abiity to quickly familiarise yourself wth an existing codebase
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, organised and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to prototype as well as produce final code
- Strong interest in game design, game mechanics and gameplay.