Company : Twitch
Job Location : San Francisco, CA
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
As the Director, Esports Strategic Partnerships, you will lead esports strategic partnerships management, set objectives, leverage resources to optimize the performance of a portfolio of content, and play a major role in media license/partnership planning and tracking globally. You will lead the nurturing of relationships with top esports content producers to help promote their success and play a direct part in shaping processes and driving accountability within the business. When required, you will directly support or execute custom and standard content acquisition initiatives, and articulate well-informed recommendations to outside businesses, directly impacting their performance and success on Twitch, all while remaining the conduit of strategic esports partners internally.
Esports Strategic Partnerships is a part of the Esports Department and works cross functionally with the Twitch Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Partnerships, Commerce, Strategy and Community teams.
- Define, drive and execute Twitch’s strategy for esports strategic partnerships
- Build and establish senior level relationships with key accounts and manage similar efforts by junior personnel
- Fully understand strategic partner needs and objectives, effectively communicate them internally, and formulate strategies to help produce shared results
- Ensure understanding of all Twitch business units’ products and develop go-to market strategies to implement those products with partners
- Maintain a high-level of games industry expertise, from evaluating the trends of top new games and esports content producers, to fully understanding how a content program is developed
- Travel regularly to esports/games industry events to stay current on trends and new innovations
- Work with an internal CRM to manage partner initiatives and track status
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life
- 401(k) savings plan with a company match
- Corporate gym membership
- Flexible time off policy
- Opportunity to attend one gaming event or tournament
- Top-of-the-line technology to help you build your own workspace
- Catered daily lunch and dinners (and twice a week hearty breakfasts)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Monthly in-office massages
- Commuter Benefits
- Weekly happy hours
Twitch is the world’s leading video platform and community for gamers, with more than 100 million visitors per month. We connect gamers from around the world by allowing them to broadcast, watch, and chat with each other. Twitch’s live and on-demand video platform forms the backbone of a distribution network for video game broadcasters including pro players, tournaments, leagues, developers and gaming media organizations. Twitch is leading a revolution in gaming culture, turning gameplay into an immersive video experience.
Skills and Experiences
- At least 5-7 years of account management, business development and/or other relevant client relations experience
- At least 2 years experience as a manager of personnel
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-informed decision making, input metrics, and output goals
- Exceptional ability to project manage, think backwards, and plan outcomes
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Deep knowledge of the esports and gaming industry and/or have existing professional relationships with tournament operators, game publishers and developers
- Strong knowledge of the Twitch platform, as a viewer and broadcaster
- A base understanding of content monetization products
- Experience with multiple forms of business reporting
- A strong educational background
- Excellent verbal, written, and relationship management skills
- Basic software skills: CRM, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote or similar programs
- Excellent knowledge of esports or live video content and event production
- Travel to conferences, tournaments and trade shows (weekends will be required)
- An active Twitch presence as a broadcaster, moderator, chatter, or lurker. We are partial to folks who genuinely love our product.
- A native grasp of esports culture and lingo. We strive to build authentic experiences for our discerning customers.
- A network of esports and general gaming connections. Some of our best ideas come from our friends. We’d love for you to bring some to the party.
- Previous employment at a game publisher, tournament operator, or gaming media site.
- Bilingual in Japanese, Korean, or Mandarin.