Company : Blizzard Entertainment
Job Location : Irvine, CA
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced Esports Manager with outstanding organization and communication skills to assist in the development and execution of the Heroes Global Championship(HGC) for Heroes of the Storm, the StarCraft II World Championship Series (WCS), and additional projects for both franchises.
The ideal candidate is a passionate and knowledgeable Heroes of the Storm or StarCraft player, and a motivated self-starter who is flexible and can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives in the fast-paced esports industry. This person is highly organized, able to work independently while contributing to the goals of the team and managing the relationship with internal Blizzard Teams, external partners, tournament organizers, and communities. This person is a leader with a proven track record of contributing to the development of creative competitive tournament systems, proactively identifying key esports strategies, and designing solutions for programs. This person must have experience working with international teams, strong personnel management, motivational skills, and must be able to work within budget while still producing epic experiences for the players of our games.
- Oversee and manage day to day HGC League Operations
- Oversee and manage select WCS and other StarCraft initiatives
- Collaborate with the Community team to promote grassroots community level competitive heroes programs.
- Manage the HGC website, including weekly updates, and provide feedback on improvements to the Web & Mobile team.
- Manage communication with Heroes development team regarding server updates scheduling as it pertains to the HGC
- Build and maintain strong relationships with teams across the company to execute plans, including the Heroes team, StarCraft team, community, marketing, public relations, events, broadcast, IT, legal, web, and others.
- Gather, analyze, and report relevant data to stakeholders.
Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in community, esports, or organized play
- Deep understanding of event management, tournament operations, and grassroots community building
- Strategic thinker with excellent leadership, management, and communications skills
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Experience managing a budget and working with international teams
- Passionate player of video games, particularly Blizzard games
- Boundless enthusiasm for Heroes and StarCraft esports
Require Application Materials:
- Cover Letter which should include: why you are interested in working at Blizzard and what games you are currently playing