Company : Houston Rockets
Job Location : Houston, TX
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Houston Rockets eSports Department is looking to add a talented new member to the team. This position will work with outside partners to find opportunities to increase the business model, revenue streams, and Marketing/partnership deals as well as grow the passionate base of Clutch Gaming devotees. Experience in community building and outreach a plus, as is familiarity with coordinating these efforts through sponsor activations and publisher relationships.
- Demonstrates our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
- Represent Clutch Gaming in efforts to generate new partnerships.
- Ability to shape the department’s structure and processes to meet an ever-expanding need for creative and high- quality sales needs.
- Creation and maintenance of internal tools in support of the greater sales department.
- In close collaboration with the staff, find opportunities to develop the business in the international landscape, including alternative revenue models, B2B initiatives, payment methods, partnerships, etc.
- Identify and assess new business opportunities that meet the strategic needs of Clutch Gaming, including alternative revenues models, partnerships, and ancillary product opportunities.
- Lead deal development and prospecting, sourcing, and negotiating/closing (This includes actively identifying potential business partners and negotiating agreements).
- Lead community outreach and fan acquisition initiatives.
Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5-7 years experience in media and/or sponsorship sales.
- Outgoing, high-energy personality, a clear self-starter.
- Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple customers with high degree of detail against short deadlines.
- Deep understanding of the eSports industry and the broader media landscape.
- Strong background of strategic planning and program leadership
- Creative problem solving in a fast-growing organization is central, as is the candidate's ability to fit into a high-energy, passionate work environment in Houston.
- Experienced negotiator, adept at negotiating sound commercial agreements and possesses a proven understanding of contracts including licensing agreements.
- Strategic thinker and confident leader that is highly collaborative and adaptable.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence without authority
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, use handle or feel, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, communicate with others.
- The vision requirement includes the ability to review written and electronic materials in both digital and physical format.
- The employee must be able to transfer and move items for departmental needs.
- The employee must be able to adjust to changing work hours and locations as needed in light of the strong focus on external communications and relationships.