Company : Supercell
Job Location : San Francisco, CA
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
With the Clash Royale League launching in 2018, there will be more happening in the Clash Royale eSports scene than ever before. Keeping up with everything and communicating the biggest stories to the player community is a full time job. This job! Come help us build a new eSport from the ground up. At Supercell, our teams are small, meaning that you would play a big role in shaping eSports for one of the largest competitive games in the world.
About the role
We are seeking a hands-on, Community Marketing individual to cultivate and grow the passionate Clash Royale eSports community. You will be responsible for communicating all things eSports to our players, from league policy decisions to the latest news and developments in the competitive scene. This entails following all of the action, talking with players, teams & fans, and creating content of all types (text, graphics, videos) to be shared with players through Supercell channels (in game, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, etc).
Ideally you are an independent, self-motivated, community and marketing veteran from the entertainment industry. Experience in mobile or console gaming is helpful. You must have a track record of interacting with large communities through structured content marketing programs, influencer interaction and creative story-telling. You should also be an avid gamer, a team player, self-starter, and a great fit in both the Supercell culture and the community.
- Follow global eSports action from official Supercell leagues and tournaments to 3rd party events. Find the most exciting stories, then program and create content to amplify those stories within the community. Post this content in-game and on social channels to get the word out
- Build a proactive social media and community presence for eSports. This includes partnering with localized Community Managers to conduct global community efforts across multiple continents, languages, and time zones
- Be a representative voice of our players in internal eSports team discussions to ensure players are represented and influencing our decision-making processes
- Recruit, manage, and ensure the success of a team of volunteer moderators
- Cultivate relationships with advocates and content creators from the eSports community. Develop and execute programs, initiatives, and tools that enable them to reach more of our players
- Stay on the cutting edge of trends in Social Media and Community as a whole
- Constantly push the boundaries on how and what we give back to our players
Why you’ll love it here
- A first-row view into one of the currently most successful game companies in the world
- Opportunity to work with a team of gaming veterans, top talent, and passionate gamers in Helsinki, San Francisco, Japan, Korea, China and more
- Open company culture with zero bureaucracy where you can make a difference
- People-driven environment that is easy-going, enthusiastic, and passionate
- Competitive compensation and industry leading benefits
- Smartphone, tablet, laptop/workstation of your own choice
Supercell aims to create games that millions of people will play for years or decades to come. We believe the best people make the best games, and that’s who we’re looking for. If you love games and are passionate about playing and crafting them, and you’re looking for a job that provides you ownership and independence, you’re in the right place.
Supercell isn’t an entertainment company, it isn’t a start-up, and it isn’t just any game company. Our focus sets us apart. Focus means saying no a lot. To release four games, we have killed fourteen. We’ve shut down marketing campaigns because they weren’t perfect for our players, and we’ve scrapped a ton of game features that were simply too niche.
We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Supercell, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!
Skills and Experiences
- 3+ years experience in community management with major gaming or entertainment properties
- Experience amplifying stories by creating and distributing marketing content on short lead times
- Experience interacting with large communities on a daily basis on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other platforms
- Comfortable on camera, for example, in YouTube videos like this one
- Ability to quickly adapt to constantly changing digital trends and best practices
- Excellent track record of working with a team, as well as, independently as a self starter
- Strong communicator, organized, detail-oriented, and able to execute on major projects
- Passionate about people, online communities and competitive gaming - especially Clash Royale
- Positive attitude and a true team player