Company : Reed Exhibitions
Job Location : Norwalk, Connecticut
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
ReedPOP is the largest producer of pop culture events in the world. We build fun on a daily basis and deliver once-in-a-lifetime experiences for fans around the globe. ReedPOP is built upon a « fan first » philosophy, a culture of creativity and an office environment that is open and collaborative. We are a kind-hearted, hard-working, fun-loving group of folks who never take ourselves too seriously. Ask us what the best parts about working at ReedPOP are and we’ll quickly answer “our people and the fans.” We are a boutique team with all the resources of a large global organization which provides us with the freedom to build fun new businesses and connect fans through the passions they share. Our customers include Twitch, Nintendo, Blizzard Entertainment, Microsoft, Disney, Bandai Namco and millions of fans from all over the planet. We are constantly hard at work, making things happen and always trying to deliver more than what is expected of us.
WORKING FOR REEDPOP:
ReedPOP wants individuals who demonstrate initiative, an inquisitive mind, a creative vision, an obsession with making things better, a passion for solving puzzles, the humility to laugh at yourself, the willingness to ask for help when you’re over your head (you will be), the ability to deal (healthily) with multiple projects, tight deadlines and demanding partners. We work how we live and we apply our passion for pop culture to every aspect of what we do. We want someone who can’t help but wake up at 3 AM thinking about improving the experience for our fans. Our culture is creative, fun, supportive, open without exception, and as with all positions at ReedPOP, the focus is on fans first, regardless of if they’re in a three-piece suit or walking around with a four-foot sword made out of cardboard. At ReedPOP, we’ve found that positive, genuine, good-hearted people make great co-workers, so that’s the type of person we hire. Bring us your creativity, personality, customer focus and enthusiasm for pop culture – we can’t wait to meet you!
WHAT’S COOL ABOUT THIS JOB:
This role is focused on the future and you will be a key driver of our eSports initiatives as well as new business ideas that will help take our brands to the next level. You will lead the development and execution of our esports initiatives and be responsible for delivering positive business outcomes for ourB2C customers (exhibitors and visitors) while also driving revenue and profit growth for ReedPOP. You will be focused on celebrating the culture of gaming and making sure that all of our eSports initiatives resonate and generate excitement within the gaming community. What could be cooler than that?
Our preferred candidate will have credibility and experience within the eSports industry and a proven track record of customer focused leadership in live environments, whether that is in online or physical spaces. We want someone that has successfully built new business segments or created new initiatives within the eSports space. You should have experience building strategic alliances and business communities in the industry and be able to sell the vision for what we are creating. Since you’re balancing the needs of both fans and the exhibitor community, your ability to build strong relationships is critical. You should be creative with a solution based mindset and have some experience with reviewing, recommending and implementing new innovations while also being comfortable running the day to day operations of an eSports platform. A high level of emotional intelligence and organizational awareness will be critical to the success of this role as you will need to collaborate and leverage the expertise of colleagues across the company on new innovative and strategic initiatives. You should have a data focused mentality and the ability to parse through customer research insights to develop new services, brand extensions and product solutions that are based on our customer’s needs.
Skills and Experiences
- College degree or equivalent business training or experience preferred
- Five or more years of experience in the gaming industry (preferred) and/or related field
- Highly developed gaming industry insights and relationships
- Must be highly collaborative with a “We” not “Me” mentality.
- High awareness of the culture and community around consumer game audiences
- Highly organized, detail oriented & proactive with a strong ownership sensibility and a passion for our brands.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and always willing to take the initiative to create something new
- You must be resourceful and willing to find creative solutions that will help you achieve your goals
- We are looking for an individual who is a creative thinker and a problem solver – someone who can bring innovative ideas to grow the brand and the business and be capable of executing upon them.
- We want a social and empathetic leader that will truly care about our audiences and live for making them happy as often as possible
- You should be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to manage relationships with internal and external partners.
- Strong conceptual planning, creative vision, and innovation skills.
- You should be a happy, optimistic person that enjoys seeing the big picture while striving to create a great future for our brands
- Must be flexible and able to adjust within a fast-paced work environment with unpredictable deadlines and schedules.
- Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and focus on finding solutions
- You should be flexible in your viewpoints, always looking for the best ideas and ready to be an advocate for ideas other than your own
- Must be a humble leader that is secure enough in yourself to be able to ask for help, say “I don’t know” and always learn from your mistakes.
- Professional level knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- A true passion for video games, pop culture and our fans
- Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
- Some travel is required. Approximately 6-8 times per year (some global travel may be needed)
- This role will function across our entire portfolio of events