Company : Epic Games
Job Location : Cary, North Carolina
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
For many, the word “Epic” is synonymous with grand, glorious, heroic, regal, magnificent or monumental. At Epic Games, we think of “Epic” as the collective effort of smart, talented, passionate people choosing to build the highest quality experiences possible for those who play our games and use our technology. The words “good enough” are not spoken here. That dedication has allowed us to remain an industry leader, take risks, be creative, and carve our own path forward.
Epic Games is seeking an upbeat, organized, and self-motivated individual to contribute to the growth of our Esports events and operations. The Esports Coordinator will work across teams including Community, Events, PR, Legal, Publishing and our Development teams in order to support and deliver on all Esports initiatives. You will have responsibilities that also include writing tournament announcements, handling the approval process for tournament organizers, collecting internal and external event reports, gathering community feedback on our Esports programs, traveling to events, and a number of other tasks.
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Managing everyday operations, maintenance and support of Epic Games hosted Esport tournaments for Paragon and other Epic Games titles
- Coordinating Epic Games’ participation in third-party events
- Managing the approval process for sanctioned tournament organizers and partners and following up on execution
- Working closely with team members across multiple disciplines providing status updates or initiating discussion on project/event operations
- Coordinating delivery of tournament announcements for Epic Games
- Working with event organizers, partners, vendors, players and talent as needed
- Actively managing Esport communication channels
- Providing status updates to necessary stakeholders in an orderly and consistent manner
- Providing summaries of Esports projects, initiatives and tournament events
Skills and Experiences
- Experience with coordinating and executing on Esport events, live events, and online tournaments
- Extremely organized, meticulous attention to detail, and a driven desire to deliver excellent work
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a “take-charge” attitude
- Work well in a fast-paced environment managing multiple projects with minimal resources
- Can adapt to frequent change with new plans and ideas
- Available to travel often
- Strong passion for Epic Games, Esports and competitive gaming
If you’re passionate about Epic's Games and Esports, then we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and we’ll be in touch.
This is going to be Epic!