Company : Blizzard Entertainment
Job Location : Irvine, CA
Country : United States
Contract : Full Time
Salary : N/A
Job language : English
Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that their fans have the best experience possible. Overwatch League melds Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a Business and Gameplay Insights Analyst to work on analysis focused on identification, evaluation, and execution of opportunities to drive growth and operational excellence. This role will work within the Overwatch League to lead and drive analytical initiatives.
- Slice through petabytes of data to find compelling and actionable business insights
- Apply vision and confidence to design and direct qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Stand before stakeholders, including senior leaders, to clearly communicate your strategic findings and recommendations
- Translate recommendations into efficient action plans for senior management and department leaders
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovative developments
- Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills, demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions. Tireless advocate for the use of data to solve problems.
- Curious, internally-motivated self-starter with ability to plan, organize, and establish priorities to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
- Superior communications, presentation, and facilitation skills: must have the ability to structure a concise, clear presentation of findings, based on large sets of complex data, and effectively present this to any level in the organization.
- Capable of building highly functional and beautiful dashboards.
- Strong quantitative skills with a penchant for analytical query writing.
- Effective with storytelling using data and appropriate visualizations
Skills and Experiences
- Experience working on business analytics in sports or esports
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Gaming, Management Consulting, Digital Analytics, or Finance
- MBA from a top-tier institution
- Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Experience with specialized visualization tools (Tableau)
- Experience with marketing analytics tools (Google Analytics, Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics)
- Experience with customer analytics and best practices (CRM, social analytics)
- Experience with Hadoop and handling unstructured data sources
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- **Only Resumes with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!