Let me introduce myself: My name is Fredrik Ivansson and I have a background from the media industry. Together with some former colleagues we have launched a concept called GAMERZ – the world’s first esport reality show with the aim to find the esports superstars of tomorrow. Our first pilot season was aired for 21 consecutive days May 1-21 and was well received both by top world players as well as from fans around the globe. According to a survey done by Zenith Media Agency almost all of the respondents thought the show were really Fun, Interesting, Exciting and Engaging. 90% of the respondents thought it was aimed for them meaning it was very relevant.
- We produced more than 200 hours of content – most of it live.
- The show was broadcasted on Twitch, Youtube, Facebook, Znipe.TV, Viafree (all nordic countries) and Astros channels in Southeast Asia. This is the first time a format is shown on all different platforms at the same time.
- Well-known esport profiles such as Semmler (host), Spawn, Ins, Redeye, Warclown and Swebliss participated.
- The launch received publicity with more than 100 articles in 28 countries.
- GAMERZ got more than 65 000 followers in different social medias (after only 21 days).
- 300 000 watched hours on different platforms
- > 2 500 persons applying for next version – GAMERZ Europe – which is an important datapoint indicating that the concept was appreciated by the ”hard-to-please” esport community.le
Based on the success of the pilot season, we will produce several versions of GAMERZ both locals versions and global.